Welcome to harmonia mundi, United Kingdom store
- Majestic and profoundly moving, Mahler's 2nd Symphony ('Resurrection') constitutes one of the towering monuments of late-19th-century symphonic music and is one of the composer's most popular works. Jean-Claude Casadesus chose this work, which has accompanied him for many years, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his Orchestre National de Lille. This version, recorded live in the Auditorium du Nouveau Siècle in November 2015, is a deeply moving expression of the maestro's love for this immense composer.
In 1976, with the support of the States and of the Nord-pas-de-Calais region Jean-Claude Casadesus created Orchestre National de Lille, which since has become a reference radiating in the heart of its region as well as the rest of France and abroad.
1. Allegro maestoso (Totenfeier)
2. Andante moderato
3. Scherzo. In ruhig fleissender Bewegung
4. « Urlicht ». Sehr feierlich, aber schlicht
5. Finale. Im Tempo des Scherzos. Wild herausfahrend
Olena Tokar [soprano]
Hermine Haselböck [mezzo-soprano]
Czech Philharmonic Choir Brno
Orchestre National de Lille
Jean-Claude Casadesus [conductor]
- 2 CD - 1h 30mn 0s
release date. 2016-12-09