Welcome to harmonia mundi, United Kingdom store
- On her new album, the Sarajevo siren Amira Medunjanin (she now includes her surname...) beguiles us with another selection of traditional Sevdah songs from the Balkan region; her interpretations revealing an unbridled emotional intensity.
Silk & Stone is the next stage in Amira Medunjanin’s journey to bring Sevdah, the musical style that is the beating heart of Bosnia, to the world. Silk & Stone is also a continuation of her musical relationships with the Serbian jazz pianist Bojan Z and the South Serbian bass player Nenad Vasilic, but with this new album she again incorporates new instruments into the form: the line-up includes oud and kanun as well as guitar, blurring the borders and demonstrating the versatility and universality of the simple Sevdah formula.
"This new set (Amulette) certainly proves she has the potential to become a global success." Guardian
“One of the great voices of her generation, and almost certainly the finest from eastern Europe” Observer
“Suicidal melancholy has rarely sounded as pretty.” Daily Telegraph
* third album on World Village after Amulette (2011) and Zumra (2010)
* Front cover artist for Froots (March issue)
* Performed at Trafalgar Square in the BT River of Music event preceding the 2012 London Olympics
* Performed at Womex 2013
* Guest artist on Jordi Savall's Bal-Kan: Honey and Blood album and tour
- AMIRA MEDUNJANIN
- 1 CD - 12h 54mn 0s
release date. 2014-11-10