Welcome to harmonia mundi, United Kingdom store
- In 2009, in the depths of the Malian night, Ballaké Sissoko and Vincent Segal recorded the stripped down dialogues of “Chamber Music”. The album collected rave reviews and became an instant classic. But Ballaké Sissoko isn’t in the business of sequels. “I didn’t want to do Chamber Music all over again, confirmed Ballaké Sissoko, I wanted to work in its continuation.”
“At Peace” relies on the strong bond that unites its actors, but it is also an adventurous record, full of chance encounters and acrobatics. The peace displayed in the album is the peace of the brave, of musicians who aren’t afraid to rub shoulders with the unexpected and unprecedented. Three of the nine tracks are solo kora, the others feature some or all of the Special Guests: Vincent Segal (cello), Aboubacar Diabaté (12-string guitar), Moussa Diabaté (guitar) and Fassery Diabaté (balafon).
* Ballaké Sissoko is one of the foremost kora players in world music
* made his breakthrough on 'New Ancient Strings' With Toumani Diabate. Has also made albums with Taj Mahal and Ludovic Einaudi
* appeared on BBC TVs The Culture Show with Vincent Segal
* played several high profile gigs with 'Chamber Music' - Barbican, London Jazz Festival, WOMAD etc
* Album of 2012 in The African Report magazine/website
* UK PR by Sally Reeves (World Circuit etc) - confirmed reviews to run in: Guardian, Telegraph, Financial Times, Evening Standard, MOJO, Jazzwise, Songlines (Top of the World award). Features to run in Sunday Times and Songlines. More press and radio to be confirmed.
- BALLAKÉ SISSOKO
- 1 CD - 0h 44mn 26s
release date. 2013-02-11